New Online Class:
Joyful Beginning Watercolor!
Class Starts March 27th • Registration is Open Now!
This is the class I wish I could have taken, when I began watercolor.
From years of teaching beginning watercolor in person, I know the common challenges and questions that beginners often face. I've refined this class to answer those concerns through a fun, clearly explained, and thorough introduction to watercolor. We will explore the different aspects of watercolor through very easy exercises, and gradually build up to creating a full painting.
What You Will Learn
- Why watercolor is fun and EASY (don't listen to the naysayers!)
- Materials in depth: What should you know in order to choose your paper, brushes, and palette.
- What is the difference between student and artist's quality paint?
- Understanding the different qualities that paint can have, and how it affects your paintings.
- How to control the water and paint.
- My Favorite Painting Warm-ups
- Mixing Colors: 3 ways to mix colors, including how to create an entire color wheel from three colors.
- Different methods for working with watercolor and when to use them.
- How to create both crisp and soft edges.
- The secrets to shadows, highlights and reflected light
- Lifting Paint & Masking techniques
- How to paint an entire scene from beginning to end, whether you are working from your imagination, a photo or from life.
- What to do if you get stuck
- How to stay inspired and keep it fun!
10 weeks of instruction, access to class for 6 months after live class ends